A part of the ABP group Telegraph is an English newspaper concentrated in Eastern India and in headquartered in Kolkata. Other newspapers from this group include the largest selling Bengal newspaper Anand Bazar Patrika, the financial newspaper Business Standard, Elbela a Bengali newspaper targeting the youth. Apart from the newspapers there are several periodicals.
The newspaper is renowned for the coverage of India’s foreign policy and raising the issues related to North-East India. With its independent reporting it has created a niche for itself in Eastern India and is one of the top English newspapers in that region. The columnists who write for the paper include the famous novelist Khushwant Singh, Swapnil Dasgupta, Ramchandra Guha among others. The present editor-in-chief of the newspaper is Aveek Sarkar.
History of The Telegraph Newspaper
Telegraph started its publication on 7th July 1982 in Kolkata with the designing being done by Edwin Taylor who was the design editor of Sunday Times, London. The renowned journalist M.J.Akbar was its first editor.You Can Check telegraph newspaper archives Since 1 March 1999
The paper presently has 6 editions
• Kolkata edition (published from Kolkata)
• South Bengal edition (published from Kolkata)
• North Bengal and Sikkim edition (published from Siliguri)
• Jharkhand edition (published from Ranchi and Jamshedpur)
• Odisha edition (published from Bhubaneshwar)
• North-East edition (published from Guwahati and Jorhat)
In a short span of 30 years the newspaper has emerged as the 4th most read English newspaper in India and a readership of around 1.28 million readers.
To enhance the reading experience of its patrons Telegraph has a supplement everyday aimed at all sections of the society. The supplements are
• On Monday Know How gives information on Science and Technology
• For job seekers The Telegraph Jobs is published on Tuesdays also give information on how to prepare for interviews.
• Telekids which is published on Wednesday is aimed at as the name suggests kids.
• On Thursdays Career Graph is published giving the students information on the career options available.
• The entertainment supplement ETC is published on Fridays. On the same day property which focuses on real estate is also published.
• On Saturday Weekend which comprises of 4 coloured pages is published.
• On Sunday Graphite, a magazine comprising on 32 pages is published.
The online edition of Telegraph is available at http://epaper.telegraphindia.com/
The readers of Telegraph are among the most educated and elite people in Eastern India providing the advertisers to reach this niche group.
Contact Address :
ABP Pvt. Limited,
6 Prafulla Sarkar Street,
Pin : 700 001,
Phone: 033-22345374 / 033 – 2216600
Fax : +91-33-22253243(Advertisement)
Email :firstname.lastname@example.org (Print Advertisements)
Saurabh.Khullar@abp.in (Online Advertisements)